Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Eating Clean

Okay, so it's been a while since I've posted, but now I've decided to seriously hold myself accountable for 1. being healthy and 2. updating my blog to help with number 1.

I've been doing some research on fad diets vs. healthy(er) eating and I've decided to try something new. A coworker of mine has started this clean eating thing and she got me hooked. I haven't officially started the cooking yet, but this past Monday I completely cleaned out my fridge, freezer and cupboards. This evening Josh and I restocked the shelves with complex carbohydrates, fiber, and all sorts of other healthy goodness. The "Eating Clean" lifestyle places a lot of emphasis on eating the freshest most natural ingredients as possible. Hence, why I completely cleaned out my kitchen. We will no longer intake any processed food. I'm sure there are things that can't be avoided, but for the most part our new eating habits will include fresh organic ingredients. Josh isn't too keen on the cost of this new lifestyle, but I think if I am able to create fresh, tasty meals, he won't have much to say about it.

Tomorrow's menu:
Marinated Flank Steak, Steamed Asparagus, and Brown Rice

I will post the recipes and pictures tomorrow evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment